August 26th Prompt: Fitness and Training Regimens
“A lot of us tend to read fantasy/adventure type fiction, and I swear some of these characters have lethal skills and would probably be elite athletes, and it would be interesting to see how they learnt their skills and how much effort went into it. These are characters that you would like to see their fitness/training routines. And this could be how they learnt to use magic/powers or different weapons.” (Prompt via the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads Group)
So, I feel like a lot of the books I love thoroughly go into detail on how specific characters gain their fighting/elemental prowess. Whether that be: they were raised to be a soldier, they were trained by an older mentor, they learned through mistakes etc.
I think this week I’ll simply choose five, power-house female characters I’d like to workout with.
(Seems easy enough, huh?)
- Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments, Clare) – I think Iz has that “vibe” where you’d workout a little but you’d also break early for food.
- Dina Demille (Innkeeper Chronicles, Andrews) – Dina runs that b*@%! – I mean, she has an iron grip on that Inn and doesn’t take any intergalactic nonsense.
- Evaline Stoker (Stoker & Holmes, Gleason) – Evaline would be that girl who would show up in the best/newest gear, dance circles around me in every exercise, but would still make me feel like I was powerful.
- Delilah Bard (Shades of Magic, Schwab) – Something tells me I could learn some serious illusive maneuvers from Lilah. Probably some defensive ones, too, now that we mention it.
- Helene Aquilla (An Ember in the Ashes, Tahir) – Last, but not least, the intimidating “trainer” friend that would push you to your absolute limits.
*Would YOU workout with any of these (5) women? Who were your (5) picks this week?
Until next Hump-Day,